Leveraging the power of a newly-developed APS-C sensor, the Sony FX30 provides everyday content creators and aspiring filmmakers with a powerful, yet accessible cinema camera with which to push their cinematic journey to new heights. It blends an imaging pipeline designed for cinematic capture with a comprehensive feature set and intuitive operation to create a complete system for all levels of filmmaking.
26MP APS-C/Super 35mm Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
The FX30's advanced imaging system is on par with other options in Sony's Cinema Line—capturing detailed 10-bit UHD 4K imagery at up to 120 fps—giving it specs fitting a true cinema camera. The newly-developed 26MP APS-C Exmor R CMOS sensor and BIONZ XR processor are able to create high-quality 4K images with the Super 35mm (16:9) area. This system is capable of capturing 14+ stops of dynamic range and benefits from Dual Base ISO architecture to improve low-light performance.
- High-sensitivity recording at up to ISO 32000 and Dual Base ISO (800/2500).
- When using S-Log3, the FX30 can capture 14+ stops of dynamic range.
- Record in 10-bit 4:2:2 using advanced XAVC HS and XAVC S-I formats.
- Full pixel readout from the 6K sensor creates high-quality UHD 4K video at up to 60 fps.
- High-speed shooting is possible in 4K at up to 120 fps with a 1.6x crop and in Full HD up to 240 fps.
- The HDMI output supports 16-bit raw video to select, separately available recorders.
Professional Picture Control
Filmmakers will be able to capture images that are immediately ready to publish for projects with fast turnarounds or opt for maximum quality and flexibility in post thanks to a wide array of picture control options:
- S-Cinetone uses the same color science as Sony's advanced cinema cameras, including the VENICE line, with natural midtones, soft colors, and smooth highlight roll-off.
- Picture Profiles, such as S-Log3 and HLG, will capture images with expanded dynamic range and flexibility for editors.
- Creative Looks can be baked into the recorded footage to create a specific mood during recording and minimize the need for editing.
- Up to 16 user-created LUTs and three presets can be set for accurately monitoring footage or previewing a specific look during shooting. These can be applied to the camera's monitor or EVF as well as the HDMI output.